Missouri Artisans Association d.b.a. The Best of Missouri Hands
The Best of Missouri Hands is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the development and recognition of Missouri’s artists and artisans. BOMH currently has approximately 400 members representative of artists, arts educators, the general public, businesses and organizations. Juried membership represents a diverse range of art forms and mediums, all of which exhibit the highest level of artistic quality and craftsmanship.
The Best of Missouri Hands is dedicated to the development and recognition of Missouri’s Artists and Artisans.
The Best of Missouri Hands is a statewide resource for connecting, educating, and inspiring Missouri Artists and Artisans.
Initiatives and programs of BOMH include:
- Visiting artists program, bringing working artists into communities throughout Missouri.
- Public displays and demonstrations at diverse venues.
- Regional exhibits developed in partnership with host communities and organizations.
- Annual conference focusing on the needs of artists.
- Financial assistance for educational enrichment
- Regional and statewide networking opportunities
- Advocacy at the state and national levels on behalf of artists.
- A quarterly electronic newsletter featuring arts updates and member news and accomplishments.
- Outreach activities that benefit underserved audiences
- Excellence recognized through a peer jury process.
- Affordable membership levels available for artists, students, the general public, corporations and businesses
Juried Membership includes:
- Recognition by peers as a Missouri artist or artisan of high artistic and creative caliber.
- Juried status banner for public display.
- Individual artist page on the BOMH site, managed by the artist
- Use of the BOMH logo
- Exclusive exhibit opportunities
Our members tell us that one of the most significant benefits of The Best of Missouri Hands is the strong sense of community, friendship and support gained by belonging to a group of like-minded individuals. Our state-wide support system provides valuable knowledge, assistance, and encouragement. Member communications and connections will continue to grow as we strive to expand our reach throughout Missouri.
Statement of Purpose
The Missouri Artisans Association d.b.a. The Best of Missouri Hands was founded in 1989 as a nonprofit corporation "dedicated to the development and recognition of Missouri's arts and artisans through education, interaction, and encouragement."
Missouri Artisans Association d.b.a. The Best of Missouri Hands is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities in its membership, educational programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Tax-Exempt Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
Missouri Artisans Association, better known as Best of Missouri Hands, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization representing artisans from throughout the state of Missouri. For copies of our annual return or exemption application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-2018 Board of Directors
- Nancy Koehler, President
- Lee Richards, Vice President, Secretary
- Don Crozier, Treasurer
- Kim Carr
- Loren Woodard
- Kim Foster
- Carleen Jones
- Angela Fowle
- Angie Krieger
- Marcia Menedez
- Allison Norfleet Bruenger
Best of Missouri Hands
2101 West Broadway #322
Columbia MO 65203