Information & Application
Summer 2021 Session Opens July 1
Juried Membership is open to BOMH General Members only (or current BOMH Juried Members who are applying for an additional medium). Artists must be a General Member for at least 90 days prior to the date of the jury session to be eligible to apply for Jury Status.
After applying, acceptance as a Juried Member indicates that an artisan has developed his or her craft beyond mere competence of technique to a high standard of quality. The member also verifies that the work juried is her/his own and is originated and made by the artist.
Membership must remain current to retain Juried Member status and benefits of Juried Member status. If membership lapses, artists will be required to rejoin BOMH as a General Member, then reapply for Juried Status after at least 90 days.
Why become a Juried Member of BOMH
- Eligible to participate in a number of events planned specifically for juried members
- Individual page on the BOMH website. Only one web page per member. If a member juries into a second category, that member will have ONE page on which he/she can place information for all mediums in which juried. Pages are managed by the artists, allowing artists to easily update information and images as desired.
- Wear The Best of Missouri Hands Juried Member badge
- Use BOMH Juried Member stickers on your items to declare your status
- Display the BOMH Juried Member banner in your show booth or store
- Part of MAA/BOMH’s mission is education. We ask our Juried Members to participate in educational endeavors, both for the general public and for other members.
- Juried status is medium-specific, members may apply for Juried membership in more than one medium by jurying separately in each category. Acceptance in one category does not necessarily mean acceptance in another medium. Likewise, rejection in one category does not affect Juried membership in another category.
- Juried Member dues are only $60/year.
- Any two or more Juried Artists who produce the same body of work may apply to become Juried Studio Members of the Best of Missouri Hands for an annual fee of $85.
- Juried Studios in good standing have one vote.
- If a Juried Studio changes ownership or medium the Studio will be required to re-jury for Juried Studio status.
- Juried Studios in good standing are entitled to use the Best of Missouri Hands logo and banner for display and advertising.
- Juried Studios in good standing will be featured on a single page per studio on the Best of Missouri Hands website.
NOTE: You may only apply for Juried Membership during an open jury application period. Watch for announcements on our Members Only Facebook page , on our website home page, and via our emailed newsletter. Two sessions are held yearly; in the winter and in the summer.
NOTE 2: You must be logged in to your BOMH member account to proceed with the Jury process. If you need help with your username and/or password, please contact [email protected]
If you have recently joined Best of Missouri Hands within the last 90 days, you still need to wait to apply for Juried Membership. Thank you.
Check back after your 90 day wait period.
How a BOMH General Member can apply to become a BOMH Juried Member
First, View the Jury Applicant Slide Show
The slide show will give you examples of images that are good and some that are not so good. These examples will help you understand the kind of images the BOMH jurors find most acceptable.
Here is a listing of what you will need to have for the application process:
- Account with entrythingy (free)
- Four good quality jpg images of the work you wish to be juried. They must be between 200K & 3MB, and maximum 1920 pixels on the longest side
- Descriptions with materials for each image
entrythingy Information and Link
You will use entrythingy to register your application for juried status and upload the images you want the BOMH jurors to view. entrythingy will lead you through uploading all of your information. NOTE: It is highly recommended that you NOT attempt the jury process through a phone. Use a laptop or computer for the best results.
- BOMH entrythingy – Click this link to access entrythingy to register if necessary, log on, and then upload your images and your information (IMPORTANT: You have to be a general member for at least 90 days BEFORE you can apply for Juried status)
When you click the entrythingy option you will be prompted to do the following:
- If you have used entrythingy before to apply to art or craft shows, use the same login credentials by clicking on the login here link.
- If you have not used entrythingy before, you will need to set up an account. You will need these credentials everytime you log in to entrythingy.
- Follow the instructions that appear to enter your personal information, jury images, and information you want the jury to read regarding the images you submit. Select and upload four (4) images representative of your work. The images will be viewed by the jury first as a group, four across (#1, #2, #3, #4), then individually in the 1,2,3,4 sequence.
- Image Specifications:
- Dimensions: Maximum 1920 pixels on the longest side
- File format: Baseline JPEG (do not use progressive JPEG format)
- File size: The image file size must be bigger than 200K and no larger than 3MB
If you are unfamiliar with digital image formatting, we strongly recommend that you consult a professional photographer.
After completing the entrythingy application, you will be taken directly to PayPal to pay the $25 Jury Fee. NOTE: It is not necessary that you have a PayPal account to pay your fee via PayPal. Instructions are provided by PayPal for paying by credit or debit card when you arrive at PayPal.
If you successfully attain Juried Member status, you will receive instructions on how to upgrade your BOMH account. You will be required to pay dues at the Juried Member rate (currently $60) via PayPal auto renewal at that time. Your dues maintain your membership for 12 months and your PayPal auto renewal account will handle submitting your dues in subsequent years. This ensures your dues do not lapse and with it, your Juried status.