About Our Art
Adrienne Rosen is an accomplished artist who works in a variety of media including oils, acrylics, and watercolors. She lives in St. Louis, MO where she attended the University City Schools, and started studying art in the excellent art program which they offered. After attending college, she developed an art and design business called A.R. Art Studio and worked for many clients doing illustrations and advertising art, including the International Shoe Company, Tober-Saifer Shoe Company, Country Set Sportswear, Leppert-Roos, and many others.
Some of Adrienne’s accomplishments include:
- Working in her design business for 40 years
- Winning numerous awards in local and national art shows
- Exhibits annually in several shows in the Midwest
- Paints portraits on commission
- Artwork included in public and corporate collections
- Teaches art in her own school, Adrienne’s Academy of Art
- Signature member of the St. Louis Watercolor Society
- Juried member of Best of Missouri Hands
- Juried member of the Greater St. Louis Art Association.
Adrienne graduated from Washington University in St. Louis in 1972 with a B.F.A. Degree in Graphic Communications with Illustration as her major. She had many nationally know artists as her teachers, such as Siegfried Reinhardt, Charles Quest, Bill Quinn, Richard Brunell, Bill Vann, and Robbie Robison. She continues to take workshops with excellent fine artists including Al Stine, Jerry Thomas, and E.J. Thias to explore new media and techniques.
She enjoys painting from nature with subjects ranging from landscapes to animals. Adrienne loves the vibrant colors and textures found in the natural world. She states that she wants the viewer to enjoy the beauty she finds in the fantastic array of plant and animal life in the earth.
Adrienne has also designed a series of historic paper dolls with costumes for the Bethany Farms Company which are sold nationally in gift and museum shops. She is working on another series of paper dolls featuring girls of America from other lands, and is selling them in art and craft shows. They are printed from her full color watercolor paintings.
Painter and portraits in watercolor and oils, teach art classes