Missouri Life Magazine Extends Discount to BOMH Members
Register before December 22, 2017 for 20% off Booth Fee
BOMH Corporate Member Missouri Life Magazine is staging a Market Fair at the Visitor Education Center at Powell Gardens, Kansas City's Botanical Gardens, located in Kingsville, MO, SE of Lee's Summit. The dates are April 28-29, 2018, and Missouri Life has extended a special offer for all BOMH members - 20% off your booth fee if you register before December 22, 2017 - be sure to use code BOMH20.
This is a premier event Missouri Life plans to develop into the equal of the Best of Missouri Market at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens. The event will be juried by Missouri Life staff, and only a limited number of vendors can be accommodated. BOMH Juried Members are automatically accepted on first-come, first-serve basis.
Find more details and the link to the registration form at http://mailchi.mp/1c9799b54baa/best-of-missouri-life-event-bomh You will be asked to submit images of your work, and pay your booth fee to register.
The details are still being finalized by the Missouri Life staff, but here is what we know:
- Show hours will be from 10am - 4pm both days. Set up will be Friday, April 27, from 4-8pm and on Saturday from 6-9am
- Registration is $150 for 10'x10' booth either inside or in the courtyard, but be sure to enter the code BOMH20 for your 20% BOMH Member discount (the coupon code box is way down the form just before the release info).
- There will be a $50 cancellation fee if cancellation is received by March 15. Registration fee is due at submission, but a full refund will be made if for any reason your registration is not accepted.
- You will not be asked to register in any particular medium. For this first show, Missouri Life is remaining flexible here. So for instance, if you are a glass artist, you may bring glass jewelry as well as functional/art items.
- All participants must have original creative work. Artists or their representatives must be present during art show hours. Jurors for applicants who are not Juried Members of Best of Missouri Hands include the Missouri Life editor-in-chief and a panel of jurors.
- Electricity and tables & chairs available at small fee (see registration form).
- Powell Gardens does not provide wifi. You will need to use your own data and equipment if you are taking credit card payments.
- No numbers can be guaranteed, as this is a first-time event, however Powell Gardens reports average attendance this weekend is usually 500-1,000 people. With the promotion we’re doing, we hope to draw an additional 1,000-2,000 people.
- Registrants will be notified within two weeks of submitting their registration form as to acceptance.
- There are roughly 30 inside spaces as well as outdoor spaces, which will be under a 15' x 5' overhang, so it recommended that if your booth is outdoors, you bring your tent. There will not be pipe and drape indoors, so plan accordingly.
- Indoor booths will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis. You will have the opportunity to request your preference on the registration form.
- There will be some food sample booths, and a few outdoor food trucks. There will not be any commercial (buy-sell) vendors, except one or two sponsors of the event.
- There will be a small stage for entertainment in the center of the booths (reenactors of Missouri Legends, including Mark Twain and Daniel Boone; Missouri musicians; Short presentation on Missouri's heritage). The gardens themselves, and the spring bulbs, would be the only other "draw" away from booths.
- There will be a "Best of Show" (non-monetary) award.
- Missouri Life and Powell Gardens are promoting the event in a variety of media
- Event advertisements in Missouri Life magazine reach 120,000 readers each issue
- Each vendor will be featured in a Facebook post on Missouri Life's page, which reaches 50,000 people each week
If you have additional questions, please let us know by sending them to email@example.com and we will get you some answers. You may not be the only one wondering, so speak right up.